Last updated: May 12, 2021
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We and/or our third-party service providers may collect several types of information from and about you through your use of the Site, including:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, building information or telephone number ("Personal Information"); and/or
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as IP address, profile information, aggregate user data, and browser type ("Non-Personal Information").
Information You Volunteer
We may ask you to provide certain Personal Information through the Site in order for you to use certain features of the Sites, such as to join an e-mail distribution list. Personal Information you may provide here includes:
- Your first and last name, telephone number, physical address, e-mail address, number of units to rent, location of units, types of units, management details, total monthly rent collected, and approximate annual maintenance spending;
- Information you provide when you report a problem with our Site;
- Information you provide when you use our Site's chat application ("Chat Application"); and
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
Information Collected Automatically
We may automatically collect certain information about your computer equipment, mobile device, browsing actions and patterns, including information about:
- Your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location and geographic data
- Your computer and internet service, including your IP address and operating system
- Your mobile and other device(s), including whether or not you access the Site from more than one device.
- Navigation data, such as Uniform Resource Locators ("URLs"), may collect your Site visit date and time
- From Cookies. We collect information using "cookie" technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer's hard drive or, in some cases, to "remember" information about your visit, in order to make it easier to visit the Site in the future. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer. Please consult your Internet browser's documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Site may not function properly.
Third Party Sites and Services.
We may use third-party analytics services (such as Google Analytics and Facebook) to evaluate your use of the Site, compile reports on activity, collect demographic data, analyze performance metrics, and collect and evaluate other information relating to the Site and Internet usage. Cookies and other technologies are used to analyze and provide the data to us. The analytics services we use may change from time to time, and those we currently use are listed below. In each case we will provide links to their privacy policies so you can find out more about what data they collect about you, what they do with it, and how to opt-out from certain data collection. However, if you do opt-out, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Site.
- For Google Analytics, please visit: https://www.google.com/analytics
- For Hotjar, please visit: https://www.hotjar.com/privacy
- For Facebook, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
We may engage other companies and individuals to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance or customer service. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
Our Site or e-mails may contain links to other third‑party sites that we do not control or maintain. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third‑party site. If you follow a link from our Site or e-mails to another site or application, that site or application's privacy policies will govern any information that site or application collects about you.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you and notify you about new products, programs, activities or services we offer or, in our discretion, about changes to any products, programs, activities, services or policies;
- To allow you to access customer support services and enable us to handle customer issues and requests;
- To send you electronic newsletters and promotional emails from GPS;
- To notify you about changes to our Site, or any products or services we offer or provide through them;
- To store information about you and your preferences, allowing us to speed up, customize and improve your user experience with our Site;
- If you communicate with us through the "Contact Us" link or our Chat Application: to help us respond appropriately to your questions, comments or requests and store such information in order to improve your user experience with our Site; and
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or with your consent.
Sharing of Your Information
We may share Non-Personal Information (including aggregated, de-identified information) about our users with partners and the public in a variety of ways without restriction.
Do Not Track
GPS engages in the collection of information about a consumer's online activities over time and across third-party online services ("tracking") to the extent that such information is collected by our web analytics services, currently Google Analytics and Facebook. As of the effective date of this policy, the Google Analytics terms of service prohibit the tracking, collection or uploading any data that personally identifies an individual (such as a name, e-mail address or billing information), or other data which can be reasonably linked to such information by Google. (See http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html). Because we do not track visitors to the Site over time and across third-party Sites outside of Google Analytics and Facebook, and although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser at this time.
We know how important it is to keep the Information you have entrusted to us confidential. We will not rent, sell or share your Information with third parties except as specifically approved or under the circumstances described below. If you do not want us to use or disclose Information collected about you in the ways identified in this policy, you should not use the Site.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to perform services on our behalf and otherwise support our business and/or the Site, including without limitation for payment processing and customer service;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of GPS' assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by GPS about our Site is among the assets transferred;
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including in connection with fraud prevention;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of our Site, employees, customers or the public;
- To third parties for direct marketing purposes;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
GPS respects the confidentiality of its customers, users and guests. We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to or through the Site. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Site.
In the unfortunate event that your "personally identifiable information" (as the term or similar terms are defined by any applicable law requiring notice upon a security breach) is compromised, we may notify you in a method and manner required by law in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances. Delays in notification may occur while necessary measures are taken to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system(s) as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede an investigation.
Applicable Law/International Issues
Children under the Age of 13
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you believe that we might have any personal information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
Hosting Provider Terms
Our Site is hosted by a third-party hosting provider, Digital Ocean. Use of your Personal Information is also subject to our hosting provider's policies. To review this hosting provider's policies regarding your Personal Information, please visit https://www.digitalocean.com/.
Either GPS or you may demand that any dispute between GPS and you about or involving your use of the Site must be settled by arbitration utilizing the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) in New York, New York, USA, provided that the foregoing shall not prevent GPS from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction. Judgment on the award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.